MEDIAEDGE® is a multi-channel, multi-location delivery system of either HD or SD video using standard TCP/IP networks and HD/SD display devices. Comprised of server, encoder, client software, and set-top box (STB) components, this flexible and modular system is ideal for point-of-sale, corporate and other video retrieval and digital signage applications.
Three Streaming Modes
The MEDIAEDGE system lets you deliver video and signage content in three ways: on-demand, scheduled playback, and live broadcast.
In a VOD application, users select video clips stored on the MEDIAEDGESVS4 server for viewing, either from a dynamically updating menu, or through direct channel number selection via a remote control. A user can pause, stop, and resume viewing content at any time. Content chapter points can be created for faster navigation, and clients can fast forward or rewind video clips during playback.
Scheduled playback allows an unlimited number of users to view a preprogrammed arrangement of multiple video clips. The MEDIAEDGE-SVS4 server can have multiple scheduled channels running simultaneously, with set program times scheduled to run hourly, daily, or monthly. MEDIAEDGE-STB4 set-top box users can surf channels by simply using the remote control. MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 software users can do the same within a Web browser.
For live broadcasting, the MEDIAEDGE system can utilize the real-time capabilities of its encoding devices to transmit live external SD and HD video sources such as cameras, VCRs, and DVD players, as well as professional-quality MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 (H.264) streams to multiple clients with minimal delay.
Using this feature, the system can retransmit television and satellite feeds. Such content, once MPEG encoded, may also be recorded for later viewing or scheduling.
MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 Client Software
The MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 software client functions as a Web browser plug-in for any PC connected to a MEDIAEDGE network. From the browser, users can access a dynamically updating menu of VOD content or scheduled channels, and watch video content within the browser's window.
- Simple to install and use
- No additional hardware required
- Decoding and playback of MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264), and QuickTime SD and HD video streams
- Overlay controls allow playback of multiple video streams on one screen simultaneously
- Multiple client user license packs available for large-scale installations
- Open standard design allows customization
- HD and SD video distribution over TCP/IP networks
- Live, scheduled, and on-demand distribution
- Supports multiple simultaneous video streams and multiple clients
- Centralized content distribution
- Server-driven menu system enables easy access to content
- MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 installation CD-ROM
- MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 USB dongle (dongle optional, dongle-less installation available)
Note: MEDIAEDGE client software is also available in multiple license packs that use a single server-based USB security dongle.
- Control: RTSP (RFC 2326)
- Data Stream: RTP (RFC 1889)
- Menu: HTTP
- MPEG-2 HD
- MPEG-4 (H.264)
- QuickTime movie
- Adobe Flash video (with Flash player installed)
- .wav (PCM)
- Ticker (Text/RSS)
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel Core2Duo 3GHz or faster
- 1GB of Memory (2GB or more at Windows 7 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business/Ultimate/Enterprise (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate(32bit/64bit)
- Internet Explorer v6.x or higher
- Graphics card with DirectX9 support, 256MB or higher video memory.
- 1000 Mb/s Ethernet network card
- One free USB port
- Sound card
Service and Support
90-day limited warranty
*MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 client software requires a configured MEDIAEDGE-SVS4 server or MEDIAEDGE encoder to be present on a network.