MEDIAEDGE® is a multi-channel, multilocation delivery system of either high- or standard-definition (HD or SD) video using standard TCP/IP networks and HD/SD display devices. Comprised of server, encoder, client software, and set-top box (STB) components, this flexible and modular system is ideal for point-of-sale, corporate, and other video-retrieval and digital-signage applications.
The HDMA-4000Sync is perfect for applications that demand that highquality synchronized HD playback across multiple screens, or projected 3D.
High-Quality HD Video Playback
HD video is currently the most talkedabout medium for sales promotion and information communication. With the HDMA-4000Sync, presenting sharp, high-resolution HD video couldn't be easier. High-resolution HD video has far greater appeal to viewers than conventional SD-resolution video. It has a strong persuasive power, for highly efficient sales promotion and information communication.
Supports Scheduled Playback and Video-on-Demand (VOD) Playback
In addition to simply playing back HD video, the HDMA-4000Sync unit can be used for scheduled playback, where video content is played back according to a user-defined schedule. Viewers can also access content on-demand, either by using the supplied remote control, or through a third-party touch panel that operates over an RS-232 serial interface.
Compact Design Suitable for Any Location or Application
The HDMA-4000Sync unit is a compact size of around 6 in. (W) x 10 in. (D) x 2 in. (H) and only about 4.5 lbs. in weight, but contains all the required functions from video content storage to playback. As such, any place with a television or PC monitor can be used as a screening location.
Capable of Accepting DVD/LD Player-compatible Commands
HDMA-4000 units are able to accept commands (subsets) compatible with commercial Pioneer DVD/LD players. This enables a smooth transition from DVD/LD players to HD, making it easy for art galleries, museums, and other public buildings to upgrade their existing DVD or LD video systems to HD.
Genlock-driven Video Playback
If you need your solution to deliver video to multiple displays with precise timing, such as a video wall animation, the HDMA-4000Sync model is perfect for you. Each HDMA-4000Sync unit features tri-level and black burst sync input support, giving you the ability to synchronize up to 32 HDMA-4000Sync units together using a single genlock source.
- Supports 1080i and 720p HD MPEG-2 output, including native HDV, with scheduled playback and basic video-on-demand capabilities
- Standard-definition (SD) NTSC and PAL MPEG-2 output
- Performs real-time resolution upconversion and downconversion between SD and HD video
- DVI and BNC component outputs for HD
- Composite, S-Video, and BNC component outputs for SD
- Import content via an Ethernet network and external USB storage devices
- Easy to install and operate, with a choice of remote control, front panel, or RS-232 interface
- Compact design for any location
- Choose from four different storage-based models: 40 GB or 80 GB hard disk, 1 GB or 2 GB silicon disk
- Tri-level/black burst genlock-supported version available to provide video delivery with time-based precision
Note: HDMA-4000Sync storage type and capacity varies according to model selected.
Video Format Output
- HD: 720p50/59.94, 1080i50/59.94, and 1080p 50/59.94
- NTSC: 480i59.94
- PAL: 576i50
- MPEG-2 MP@HL: 2 Mb/s to 40 Mb/s
- MPEG-2 MP@H14: 2 Mb/s to 40 Mb/s
- MPEG-2 MP@ML: 2 Mb/s to 40 Mb/s, Full-D1, Half-S1, SIF
- MPEG layer II
- AAC (output as LPCM)
- Dolby Digital AC-3 (2.0 ch.)
Digital Video Output
1 x DVI-D (HD output only)
Analog Video Output
- 3 x component (Y, Pr, Pb BNC)
- 1 x S-Video (4-pin miniDIN)
- 1 x composite (RCA)
Digital Audio Output
1 x SPDIF (coaxial)
Analog Audio Output
1 x unbalanced stereo (RCA)
1 x Tri-level/black burst (BNC)
100Base-TX, 1000Base-T full duplex (RJ-45)
RS-232 (D-Sub 9-pin)
USB 2.0 (Type A)