MEDIAEDGE LEB Pro
IP Network Video Solution
MEDIAEDGE®, from Grass Valley™, is a multi-channel, multi-location delivery system for high- or standarddefinition video and digital signage using standard IP networks and HD/SD displays. The MEDIAEDGE system is comprised of server (MEDIAEDGESVS4), encoder (MEDIAEDGE LEB Pro/Express), Windows software decoder (MEDIAEDGE SWT4), Mac software decoder (MEDIAEDGE SWT4 for Mac), and standalone decoder (MEDIAEDGE STB4) components. This flexible and modular system is ideal for point-of-sale, corporate, and other video-retrieval and digital-signage applications.
Three Streaming Modes
The MEDIAEDGE system lets you deliver video and digital signage content in three ways: video-on-demand, scheduled playback, and live broadcast.
In a video-on-demand application, users select video clips stored on the server for viewing, either from a dynamically updated menu, or through direct channel number selection via a remote control. A user can pause, stop, fast forward, rewind, and resume viewing content at any time.
Scheduled playback allows an unlimited number of users to view a preprogrammed arrangement of multiple video clips. The server can have multiple scheduled channels running simultaneously, with set program times scheduled to run hourly, daily, or monthly. Standalone decoder users can surf channels by simply using a remote control. Software decoder users can do the same within a Web browser.
For live broadcasting, the MEDIAEDGE system can utilize the real-time capabilities of its encoding devices to transmit live external SD video sources such as cameras, VCRs, and DVD players as professional-quality H.264, SD or HD video and audio via an IP network to multiple clients with minimal delay.
Using this feature, the system can retransmit external live video feeds. Such content, once encoded, may also be recorded and its playback scheduled for later viewing. The MEDIAEDGE system also supports live streaming of HD video from HDV cameras and decks when connected to the MEDIAEDGE server via a FireWire (IEEE 1394) connection. As with external SD video, HDV footage can be streamed live or recorded for later use.
MEDIAEDGE LEB Pro Video Encoder
The MEDIAEDGE LEB Pro encoder offers real-time, hardware-based H.264 encoding and distribution of live video across an IP network. It works as a standalone unit and will accept HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI, and composite signals for its video source, with frame synchronization capability. Working as a separate solution or in conjunction with a MEDIAEDGE system, it can instantly rebroadcast the stream using an internal streaming server.
You can also use the LEB Pro encoder to process video from a remote location, such as a video library, and then deliver the content to a compatible video decoder such as the MEDIAEDGE STB4, SWT4, SWT4 for Mac, or record and re-distribute it with MEDIAEDGE SVS4.
You can also use our SDK for your system/application development. The SDK includes sample software, including reference source code.
- Real-time encoding of SD and HD video to H.264
- Encode audio with Dolby Digital technology (2-channels)
- Video distribution to an IP network
- Frame synchronizer
- SDI, HDMI, and composite video input
- Closed caption support for NTSC composite signal
--Embedded to MPEG-2 TS packet by SMPTE 2038-2008
- Supports distribution of video and audio with perfect A/V synchronization
- Unicast/multicast distribution support
- Selectable distribution modes-choose between on-demand or automated
- Easily configurable via any networked PC
- Embedded server to allow streaming to STB decoders without the need of a server
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6
With MEDIAEDGE System
- Encoder for HD and SD video sources
- Live, scheduled, recording, and on-demand distribution
- Supports multiple simultaneous video streams and multiple clients
- Centralized content distribution
- Server-driven menu system enables easy access to content
- Compatible with SWT4, SWT4 for Mac, STB4, and SVS4
Software Development Kit
- For Windows
- LEB API (C language) for search, configure and recording.
- Sample software with source code (C++, C#)
Rackmount kit for 19" 1 RU rack -for 1 unit
Rackmount kit for 19" 1 RU rack -for 2 units
IP video stream receiver and decoder. Standalone type
IP video stream receiver and decoder for Windows
MEDIAEDGE-SWT4 for Mac
IP video stream receiver and decoder for Mac
Server software for LEB, STB and SWT series. For VOD, scheduled, and live playback
- 1 x RJ-45 modular connector
- 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T full-duplex Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3 frame format
- Auto negotiation supported
(video input can be selectable via network)
- 2 x SDI input (with embedded audio, 2-channels) and 1 x SDI loop-through
- 1 x HDMI input (with embedded audio, 2 channels)
- 1 x Composite (SD) input
- 2 x Unbalanced audio line in input
Data Communication Ports
- 1 x RS-232 (DB 9-pin)
- 1 x USB type A (2.0 Host)
Supported Video Signal Formats
- 720x480/59.94i (closed caption supported)
- ISO/IEC14496-10 (H.264/AVC)
- 1920x1080/59.94i, 50i/6-24 Mb/s (High Profile Level 4.0)
- 1440x1080/59.94i, 50i/5-24 Mb/s (High Profile Level 4.0)
- 1280x720/59.94p, 50p/4-24 Mb/s (High Profile Level 4.0)
- 720x480/59.94i/2-10 Mb/s (Main Profile Level 3.0)
- 720x576/50i/2-10 Mb/s (Main Profile Level 3.0)
Group of Picture
IBBP (Closed GOP supported)
- MPEG-1 audio layer 2 (2-channels)
- Dolby Digital (2-channels)
- 48 kHz
- MPEG-1 audio layer 2: 32 (mono) / 64, 96, 128, 192 (stereo/mono) / 256, 320, 384 kb/s (stereo)
- Dolby Digital: 64, 96 (mono) / 128, 192 (stereo/mono) / 256, 320, 384, 448 kb/s (stereo)
ISO/IEC 13818-1 + Amd3 / MPEG-2 transport stream
AC adapter: 100-240 VAC (50/60 Hz)
Main unit: 12 VDC 1.8A (max.)
Maximum power consumption: 25W
- Width: 215 mm (8.5 in.)
- Depth: 190 mm (7.5 in.)
- Height: 43 mm (1.7 in.)
Weight (unit only)
1.5 kg (3.3 lbs.)
Service and Support
1-year limited warranty